THE SANTA CLARA
February 11, 2016
Alcohol and Drug Violation
Feb. 6: CSS responded to investigate a report of a loud party inside a campus resident’s room. CSS found several students and a non-affiliate guest inside the room. CSS also found alcoholic beverages, marijuana and paraphernalia. The room occupants were identified and the non-affiliate guest was escorted out of the building. CSS confiscated and disposed of the marijuana, paraphernalia and alcoholic beverages.
Alcohol Related Medical Emergency
Feb. 3: A male student was reported as intoxicated after consuming several shots of vodka at an off-campus party. CSS and SCU EMS responded. He claimed to have been taking antibiotics for meningitis when questioned. CSS found two fake IDs in his room and confiscated them. SCFD and SCPD responded. Paramedics transported him to O’Connor Hospital.
Feb. 7: An unresponsive male student was observed slumped against the door of The Hut. SCPD and SCFD responded. Paramedics transported him to O’Connor Hospital.
Feb. 3: A vehicle with numerous outstanding parking violations was booted in the Loyola Hall parking lot.
Feb. 3: A male child was reported running around campus alone, crying and without shoes on. CSS and SCPD responded and located the child by the Locatelli Activities Center. The child’s parent was contacted and arrived to retrieve the child.
Feb. 4: A campus resident reported that his roommate had been diagnosed with meningitis at the hospital and expressed concern for his own well-being. He was treated at the Cowell Health Center.
Feb. 4: An intoxicated student, who may have been exposed to meningitis, accidentally vomited on a CSS officer’s face.
Feb. 6: A female student reported being approached inappropriately by a non-affiliate contracted security guard who worked for an event on campus. The contracted security management was notified and advised to remove him from campus property.
Feb. 3: A female student accidentally injured her thumb while slicing vegetables. SCU EMS provided her with medical assistance.
Feb. 3: A male student was reported having an allergic reaction, possibly from eating ramen noodles. CSS, SCU EMS and SCFD responded. Paramedics transported him to O’Connor Hospital.
Feb. 3: A male student injured his finger while playing basketball in Malley Fitness Center. CSS and SCU EMS responded. He was advised to seek further medical assistance at a hospital.
Feb. 7: A male campus resident became confrontational and shoved RL staff, when asked to quiet down during quiet hours in the middle of the night. CSS responded to question and document the campus resident.
From Campus Safety reports. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.